Wednesday, May 22, 2013
Smoked Wild Mushroom Portobello Caps (low carb + vegetarian)
These aren't the prettiest things I've ever made, but they are amazingly tasty! It's hard to believe that they are actually vegetarian.
4 small portobello mushroom caps
6 oz Field Roast Wild Mushroom Loaf (1/2 of one loaf)
1/2 c diced onion
1/2 c diced smoked gouda
2 c diced kale (stems removed)
1 tbs olive oil
1 tsp basil
1/2 tsp salt
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Clean mushroom caps, remove stem and gills.
3. Place mushroom caps in pan heated over medium heat. Cook approx. 2-3 minutes on each side until slightly tender. Pour off any liquid.
4. Heat olive oil in medium saute pan and cook kale for 3-4 minutes or until wilted.
5. Pulse mushroom loaf in food processor until crumbled.
6. Add gouda, onions, kale, basil and salt. Pulse until mixture is fully combined and beginning to get sticky.
7. In a baking dish, place large scoop in each portobello cup and press down to form a large mound.
8. Bake portobello caps for 25 minutes.